How to achieve CG photorealism | Blenderguru
If you’re a CG artist hoping to work in the industry, photorealism is the most important skill you can focus on. It not only helps you to learn and understand how real life looks (a crucial step for creating cartoonish exaggerated styles), but is also highly in-demand for hollywood, gaming studios and new industries.
If you can achieve photorealism results, you’ll go far.
But as any artist will tell you, photorealism is hard!
So how do you achieve it?
In this 54 minute post you’ll discover:
- Why photorealism is the most important skill you can learn
- The 4 Building Blocks that make up every photorealistic CG image
- Simple tips and tricks you can use to make more realistic renders
Links from the post:
- 03:39: Realtime Architecture Demo
- 08:28: Jin Kim’s Blog (Disney Character Artist)
- 09:30: post: Drawing styles and why photorealism should come first
- 20:13: Scott Eaton’s Facial Anatomy Course
- 28:29: Introduction to Poliigon post (5mins)
- 29:18: Poliigon.com
- 29:47: Knald and CrazyBump
- 31:03: Surface Imperfections on Poliigon (aka Overlays)
- 36:01: Kelvin Scale
- 36:58: Character Lighting post
- 38:59: Pro-Lighting Skies
If you like this tutorial, please share it around!