HSigning – Horizontal Lines Signing Object Plugin
HSigning is a tool to automate create horizontal signing (dashed and continuous lines) geometry objects. In few and easy steps, the creation process for each kind of dashed line: it can be used to simulate the traffic signs standards.
You can create HSigning by picking any shape in the scene.
- – All distance values are in system units.
- – Distance values along spline (Stroke, Gap, Seg. Length…) are measured along the spline (not straigth distance)
- – When creating a new signing_line, pick over an existing line. If not, nothing is created.
- * First mouse drag: segments length
- * Second mouse drag: segments gap
- – To keep line alignement, create the new signing_lines in Top or Perspective views.
- – This prototype version works with any type of shape but ONLY with one spline at a time.
- CAUTION: if shape baseObject is a LINE it will be converted to SplineShape, with no possible UNDO.
- ONLY baseObject is changed. All modifiers remain as they were before.
- In this case, the HSigning will be created but the creation will be interrumpted and no mouse dragging is
- – For software creation, you can define position on creation or create the object and then assign the spline.
There are two commercial versions (maxscript and C#) with all missing features:
- – Work with multispline shapes.
- – Mapping coordinates.
- – Gluing to surface.
You can download this free plugin here: