Free High Resolution Smudge Textures | David Gruwier
These are a series of 2048*2048 smudge, fingerprint, dust and grime maps that are scanned from real surfaces. Inverted maps are also included for ease of use in any render engine.
They are free to use for any project, commerical or otherwise.
Ideas for uses:
- Glossiness maps, to add realistic surface imperfections to reflective surfaces
- Bump maps, for something more organic and natural than simple noise
- Overlay on glare and and lens flares to simulate a dirty lens
- Extra detail on windows, monitors, mirrors and similar surfaces
- Use as masks and overlays when building textures to add a little variation
Download more Free Textures here